Project duration: 26 March 1998 – November 1998.
The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Fund Development Board (RWSSFDB) is implementing a demand led community based Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project. The objectives of the project is to empower rural communities by using a demand driven approach to service delivery and a participatory process to decision making to implement their water supply and sanitation schemes with the assistance of the support organization (SOs) recruited by the Board. The SOs are local, national or international level non-governmental organizations or private sector organizations established and selected by the Board to provide necessary support to User Groups for Planning and Implementing water supply & sanitation schemes.
Assist RWSSFDB and facilitate communities in implementing the construction phase program as follows:
– Mobilization of local resources.
– Assist in construction of water and sanitation schemes.
– Implementation of CAP program.
– Hygiene and Sanitation Education (HSE) training/implementation.
– Community support programs including skill enhancement and management training.
Technical support services to enable women to access credit and training related to productive activities