Project duration: 23 August 2000 – 27 September 2000.
The objective of this training was to train the Community Technicians (CTs) of the Service Organizations (SOs) working at the community level to enable them to construct Ferro Cement Tank (FCRT)/reservoir tank (RVT) community based rural water supply and sanitation schemes. In this training, emphasis was given on the enhancement of hardware and software skills of the technicians for the construction of gravity flow water supply and sanitation schemes and its operation and maintenance.
More specifically the objectives of the training program were to :
– Improve the communication skill of CTs.
– Detail Orientation on importance of Ferro cement tank.
– Detail Orientation on necessary construction material, techniques and practical training on construction of Ferro cement tank.
– Enable the CTs to facilitate the community on operation and maintenance of the Ferro cement tank..
– Enable the CTs to recognized and control the quality of construction materials including pipe and fittings.
Enable the CTs on handling, cutting and bending MS bar.